The management of Bhutan Internet Exchange is carried out by an elected Board of Directors. The Board Directors are elected as per the procedures established under Schedule 2 of the Articles of Associations of Bhutan Internet Exchange. The current Board Directors and office bearers are the following:
1. Mr. Jichen Thinley, Bhutan Telecom Representative (Chairperson)
2. Mr. Urpan Adhikari, TashiCell Representative (Board Member)
3. Ms. Sherab Lhamo, DrukCom Representative (Treasurer)
4. Mr. Tshering Norbu, Nano Representative (Board Member)
5. Mr. Choki Wangda, DCS Representative (Secretary)
6. Mr. Karma Jamyang, DrukREN Representative (Board Member)
7. Mr. Nidup Gyeltshen, GDC Representative (Board Member)
The Board Members meet as and when required to discuss and resolve issues. The resolutions of such meetings are minuted and are publicly available for information to all members.
Besides the Board, a Technical Working Group (TWG) is also established to foster best practices, faster tracking and resolution of any technical issues, and for support to members who may require assistance.
Message from the btIX Chair to the ex board members of the IX: Mr. Ganga R Sharma, Mr. Karma Sangay & Mr. Sonam Phuntsho